Hi friends. It’s been awhile since we’ve written and shared and so much has happened since our last Blog.
Some highlights …
- ACSC U20 Girls Volleyball Tournament. This was my first International Tournament that I’ve experienced. We had teams from Guam, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea all coming to HK to play volleyball. Made some great connections with the coaches, but more importantly, developing good relationships with some of the girls on my team. Super thankful!
- Still looking for a church … please pray for us … pray for God to move in amazing ways … He is Sovereign and we completely trust that He will bring all things to pass.
- Malachi finally was able to play the drums again!! We found an electric drum kit in a practice room in our school.
- Life in HK is seemingly settling down for our family. The weather is much cooler so that’s made a huge difference.
- We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with fellow Canadians from our school. The kids and parents were able to play some good old floor hockey! It was a blast! Most people wore something Canadian!! Eh!!
- Our boys are making some really great friends here … so thankful!
- Our good friend Dennis July came to visit us all the way from home!! It was such a sweet time! We miss him and wish that he was still with us! You are loved man!!
But what’s been weighing on my heart lately, well, lots of things are weighing on my heart. It’s a matter of where I should start.
Our most recent conversations lately revolve around the issue of accountability, spiritual growth and families here in Hong Kong. Having the opportunity to spend time with others, to hear their stories, my heart is heavy and really, not sure what to do. We are praying. Praying for wisdom. Praying for opportunities to disciple people, to walk with others, to encourage and support. Our hearts desire is to truly live in Uncommon Community with brothers and sisters in the Lord, regardless of their age. God has already answered some of our prayers and we need to continue to be obedient to what He has called and asked us to do.
Friends … would you pray for us? Pray for wisdom. Pray for discernment. Pray that God would move in hearts. Pray that we ourselves would be equipped to serve others, all for His Kingdom.
I know that this is short … sorry. I think I need to start writing a book.
You are loved!